Digging In

Insight into garden design, photography and growing life.

July 10, 2010

Fence is done!

My long-awaited fence is finally done. While I'm very happy with the construction, I'm more than happy I was able to micro-manage the details and overall construction. If you are spending a good chunk of money and want a very specific design, it pays to be present on-site. Of course, as in any project, a few tweaks had to be made for various reasons. But the overall all look is very close to my original sketch.


before, existing fence w/east exposure



scalloped picket fence to replace existing fence



matching the sketch perfectly, so relieved



new fence elevation, 20' in front of previous fence line



we ended up with more few more details than the sketch, looks even better than I hoped!