Digging In

Insight into garden design, photography and growing life.

April 14, 2010

Springtime in Texas, my favorite time of year . . . .

The bluebonnets and wildflowers are out in full force. They have peaked just south of Dallas and in Waco. Probably spent in south Austin, but I found some good patches in Georgetown. Hoping to get some good boy in the bluebonnet portraits within the next 24hrs. First I have to figure out what "cute" clothing will actually fit the growing boy. I think he shot up 2 inches in the last two weeks.

Maybe I'll even get to take a mini wildflower hunting roadtrip. Oh, I'm also on a mission to figure out what to do for a garden gate. Something shorter, maybe an old/salvaged gate or make my own. Color would be nice. Or maybe iron, which I imagine DH would object to. Of course he'd probably object to anything that wasn't homemade/cheap. But I'm looking for a killer deal! Gotta check out those funky Austin shops. SoCo here I come . . . .